- Booking Process & Trip Information: Your trip booking is considered official when we have received your deposit, completed Release of Liability Form and Terms and Conditions Form. The main information document for your trip is the Detailed Information Package. The package includes travel information, recommended clothing and gear and more. It should answer all of your questions about the trip but if you still want more information please contact us.
- Your Privacy: Respecting your privacy and personal information is important to us. To process your booking and to be fully prepared to serve your needs (including but not limited to, your safety in the event of a medical emergency), Ocean Light Adventures needs to collect personal details from you including contact information and details relating to any disability or medical condition etc. Ocean Light Adventures will not share this information with other parties without your express permission and we take full responsibility for ensuring security measures are in place to protect your information.
- Pricing: All our prices are quoted in Canadian dollars and are subject to a 5% Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Cancellation & Refund Policy: Ocean Light Adventures is a small family-run company which operates in a unique industry with a short season and high annual operating expenditures. Because non-refundable expenses for an individual trip occur several months prior to the trip start and there is limited ability to fill spaces on short notice, full refunds are rarely possible and should not be expected.
There are two categories of cancellations:
A: Cancellation of a trip by the company due to circumstances within reasonable control of Ocean Light Adventures such as, but not limited to, mechanical failure, damage to the vessel or insufficient bookings. In this instance, all money received by the participant will be refunded. Any additional expenses incurred due to the cancellation will be the responsibility of the participant.
B: Cancellation of a trip due to circumstances beyond reasonable control of the company such as, but not limited to, the participant’s decision to cancel, Federal, Provincial and Territorial travel restrictions, Park closures, extreme weather and geological events, labour disputes, or failure by suppliers. Any additional expenses incurred due to the cancellation will be the responsibility of the participant. In this instance, refunds will be dispersed in the following way:
- 365 to 90 days prior to trip departure: Full refund of deposit less $400 administration fee
- 89 days or less prior to trip departure: No refund
If a participant decides to cancel after their full payment, they may receive a full refund less a $400 administration fee if they or Ocean Light Adventures can find a suitable replacement to take their spot on the trip. The date of cancellation is the date Ocean Light Adventures receives your written notice of cancellation.
- Payment Schedule: A deposit of $1000.00 CAD is due at time of booking. Final payment is due 90 days prior to your trip
By cheque. Please make payable to Ocean Light Adventures and mail to:
Ocean Light Adventures
Box 64594 Como Lake PO
Coquitlam, BC, V3J 7V7
By Email (Interac e-Transfer) For Canadians only. Send to email@example.com
By “Wise” For International and US clients. Offers great exchange rates and no hassles. Contact Jenn for details.
By International Wire Transfer For International clients, excluding Americans. A $17 transfer fee per transaction (deposit & final) will be added to total cost.
- Travel/Cancellation Insurance: We highly recommend that you speak with a travel insurance agent to obtain comprehensive insurance coverage including without limitation, medical, trip cancellation & interruption, emergency evacuation, accident and baggage insurance. It is the responsibility of the participant to secure insurance that safeguards them for all the eventualities that can occur on your trip with Ocean Light Adventures. Additional expenses are the full responsibility of the participant. Any losses experienced as a result of incorrect travel planning or not securing adequate insurance will also be the full responsibility of the participant.
- Accommodation during the Trip: On board Afterglow I each person will have a berth assigned upon arrival. There are three double cabins with single beds and one double cabin with a double bed. Single participants may be required to share a cabin with someone of the same gender.
- Early Departure from Trip: If a participant must leave the trip before its completion for medical or other reasons, they will be responsible for all costs associated with their departure. Participants acknowledge that other participants may be forced (through illness or injury) to depart early from the trip and Ocean Light Adventures will not be held responsible for any change in plans or to the itinerary that result from such departures.
- Additional Trip Fees: Ocean Light Adventures will provide all normal operating expenses during the trip beginning after breakfast on Day 1 until after breakfast on last day and agrees that no further charges will be made to the participant. Normal operating expenses include, but not limited to, Park Fees, First Nations Conservation and Stewardship Fees, meals, beverages, accommodation and other costs or donations during the trip. Trip fees do not include transportation to/from trip start or end points, meals and accommodation prior to Day 1, or any expenses after trip completion.